Telefonino.net network

| HOMEPAGE | INDICE FORUM | REGOLAMENTO | ::. NEI PREFERITI .:: | RSS Forum | RSS News | NEWS web | NEWS software |
| PUBBLICITA' | | ARTICOLI | WIN XP | VISTA | WIN 7 | REGISTRI | SOFTWARE | MANUALI | RECENSIONI | LINUX | HUMOR | HARDWARE | DOWNLOAD | | CERCA nel FORUM » |

Torna indietro   WinTricks Forum > Off Topic > Calcolo Distribuito

Notices

Rispondi

Strumenti discussione
Vecchio 29-08-2006, 22.35.45   #106
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Loc.: Legnano (MI)
Puppauz promette bene
Comunicazione del 28 agosto
Quota:
Dear Members,

There is not much to report on this week. We continue to process cancer data and I think this is working for everyone.

Thank you for your contribution.

Crunching for WCG , Rosetta and PrimeGrid on BOINC
Puppauz non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 11-09-2006, 20.37.53   #107
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Comunicazione dell'11 settembre
Quota:
Dear Members,

Here is the weekly status.

Cancer Job - We continue to process the previous protein against the latest data from Inhibox. This is going pretty smoothly so there is not much to report.

Vecchio 30-09-2006, 11.33.33   #108
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Comunicazione del 25 Settembre
Quota:
Dear Members,
Things appear to working pretty smoothly at the moment. Stats are up to date and I have not heard any more complaints about connectivity. The cancer jobs continue to run without crashes.

Vecchio 30-09-2006, 15.34.21   #109
vaxxo

L'avatar di vaxxo

Loc.: Portese - Lago di Garda ora sono ad Urac -www.boincstats.com -->WinTricksItalianTeam: 1°
vaxxo promette bene
Quota:
Inviato da Lionsquid
(Y)
infatti avevo tolto le vecchie p3-550.... sarebbe stato un lavoro infinito...
oggi ho rimesso in servizio alcune macchine.. ma orami restano 4 gg.... dal 1° settembre cambio sede di lavoro e addio esercito
resterò con le 2 macchine casalinghe e solo 1 dall'ufficio.... (e non so ancora che catorcio di pc riceverò)
ULP! un vero peccato! davi un bel apporto! E in + il nostro team perderà di sicuro posizioni.

Ama, e fai quello che vuoi (S.Agostino)
Ricordatevi che vi voglio bene ... (Vaxxo)
Dai una missione al tuo PC aiutando la ricerca sul cancro! www.gardalonga.it
vaxxo non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 11-10-2006, 20.07.28   #110
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Comunicazione del 9 ottobre
Quota:
Dear Members,

Cancer Job - No change. I did upload some new WUs late last week. Everything appears to be running smoothly.

Stats - We still have an issue with a couple of days of team stats - 10/5 and 10/8. I am going to manually kick off the rollup script so hopefully both will be fixed by tomorrow. As far as exactly why this occurs, I am not a mssqlserver expert (by far). Occassionally the stored procedure that does the work times out and does not complete. Nothing is lost and it is a simple matter to kick off the procedure again by hand so members should not panic about this.

Vecchio 23-10-2006, 23.34.59   #111
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Nuovo aggiornamento
Quota:
Dear Members,

Stats - We have an issue with stats currently. For some reason, the stats job keeps failing. We have not identified the problem yet. Nothing should be lost as far as points. We just need to get the job to run correctly to tally up all of the stats. I am not sure when this will be fixed so please be patient.

Vecchio 29-11-2006, 18.59.00   #112
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Comunicazione del 27 novembre
Quota:
Dear Members,

Here is the weekly status. I was out of the office on vacation last week which is why I did not post last week's status.

Stats - I see that some members are having issues accessing the stats. Obviously it should not take 10 minutes to bring up the page. It appears that there may be an issue with one of the load balanced servers. I will have IT look into this as soon as possible.

Cancer - I will be uploading some fresh workunits today.

Vecchio 05-12-2006, 23.44.59   #113
vaxxo

L'avatar di vaxxo

Loc.: Portese - Lago di Garda ora sono ad Urac -www.boincstats.com -->WinTricksItalianTeam: 1°
vaxxo promette bene
ieri ed oggi (4 e 5 dicembre) non hanno aggiornato.
Ci dobbiamo preoccupare?

Vecchio 11-12-2006, 23.59.37   #114
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Quota:
Inviato da vaxxo
ieri ed oggi (4 e 5 dicembre) non hanno aggiornato.
Ci dobbiamo preoccupare?
No, sembra in parte risolto...
Da questa comunicazione che riporto qui sotto, sembra che presto daranno informazioni su cosa farà Grid in futuro...

Comunicazione del 7 dicembre.
Quota:
Dear Members,

Here is quick update on Grid.org:

The stats rollup had another glitch which has now been resolved. All stats are now up to date. We have still not identified the root cause of this sporadic issue, but are still looking into it. I will keep my troubleshooting progress to myself until we are sure we have identified the root cause since it just seems to generate more complaints from the member community.

There has been concern from many members about Grid.org in general as far as the status of projects, new work, software upgrades, etc. Please expect a posting next week from a UD executive regarding the future of Grid.org. (Before any conspiracy theories get started, we are not announcing that we are shutting down Grid.org).

As always, thank you for your continued contribution.

Vecchio 12-12-2006, 00.08.57   #115
Lionsquid
Gold Member
Top Poster

L'avatar di Lionsquid

Loc.: Trapani
Lionsquid promette bene
(Y)

... questi politicanti, ex fascisti, ex leghisti, piduisti a tempo pieno usano la crisi per rafforzare il loro potere ed eliminare gli altri, dalla magistratura, al Parlamento, alla Corte dei conti, alla presidenza della Repubblica....
Beppe Grillo
Lionsquid non è collegato   Rispondi citando
Vecchio 12-12-2006, 08.26.32   #116
vaxxo

L'avatar di vaxxo

vaxxo promette bene
Quota:
Inviato da Puppauz
No, sembra in parte risolto...
Da questa comunicazione che riporto qui sotto, sembra che presto daranno informazioni su cosa farà Grid in futuro...

Comunicazione del 7 dicembre.
Bene !

Vecchio 12-12-2006, 20.32.48   #117
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Ed ecco il tanto atteso comunicato
Quota:
Greetings and Happy Holidays!

First of all, on behalf of United Devices I’d like to thank each and every one of you for your steadfast support of this unique, invaluable resource. For the last several years, Grid.org has played an important role in some tremendously important research and it is the largest and most respected volunteer-based grid of its kind in existence. None of that would be possible without all of you!

We have some exciting information to convey concerning Grid.org status and plans – but before I do that, please allow me to express our sincere regret for the frustrations that some of you have been experiencing lately. During the past year we have had technical difficulties with Grid.org that have contributed to your frustrations, but we have changes planned that should significantly improve your experience.

These are some of the plan highlights we have for Grid.org in the coming months:

We will migrate the Grid.org software to the latest version. Planning for this is well underway, and the migration will begin in the first quarter of 2007! In the first quarter (Jan-Mar) of 2007, we’ll begin a Beta Program (see below) in preparation for the final upgrade to the new release. We will perform the entire upgrade to the new version by end of Q2 of 2007.

The following new features will be introduced with the latest version.

- Support for multi-processor and multi-core machines
- Support for cache ahead so that users can request multiple work units
- Enhanced non-intrusiveness options
- The possibility for members to generate their own tools, GUIs, and reports using a new Grid MP Agent API
- New look and feel for the Grid MP Agent GUI
- Improved support for Microsoft XP operating system – enhances support for multi-users and allows fast user switching
- Support for Microsoft Vista operating system (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Overall performance improvements to the grid
- General defect repairs

Right now our outreach committee is actively working on reviewing and selecting new projects to run on the updated Grid.org software. The initial conversations we’ve been having look very promising and we should be ready to make an announcement about the selected project by end of Q1 2007, to launch in the May-June timeframe. Your active co-operation in the Beta program will be key toward expediting this process!

As mentioned above, we will implement a Beta program and ask for volunteers to help with Beta testing of the new system. This program will initially be implemented with a target of 100 volunteers as the first phase of the upgrade to the new version of Grid.org. The Beta program will run for several weeks and is intended to identify any deployment issues that might be lingering in the new version so we can resolve them prior to the upgrade of the entire member community. We will provide you with additional details and initiate a call for Beta volunteers shortly before we begin the program.

Thank you once again for your continued support of Grid.org. We’re looking forward to keeping you informed on status of the initiatives outlined above – visit this site regularly for more information.

Sincerely,

Mary Bass
Directory of Marketing
United Devices, Inc.
Austin, Texas 78759

Vecchio 02-01-2007, 20.35.25   #118
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Anno nuovo, nuova comunicazione sullo stato del sistema
Quota:
Dear Members,

Here is the weekly status update.

Member Services - The issue we had over the holidays was due to a problem with a RAID controller on the member services server. Maintenance was performed on the RAID controller and the system has been brought back online. Although having no access to member services was an inconvenience, grid processing itself was not affected so there should be no lost work.

Team stats - Due to the hardware failure, team stats are a bit behind. I will begin manual rollup of the stats, but please be aware that this may take until tomorrow to finish. Stats must be rolled up one day at a time and it takes a couple of hours for each day to complete.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year. As always, thank you for your continued contribution.

Vecchio 09-01-2007, 20.15.37   #119
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Nuova comunicazione
Quota:
Dear Members,

Here is the weekly status:

Stats - The stats issue that we experienced over the holidays has been corrected and I have finished manually rolling up all of the missing days. All stats should be up to date now.

Vecchio 18-01-2007, 18.46.36   #120
Puppauz
Gold Member

L'avatar di Puppauz

Puppauz promette bene
Comunicazione del 15 gennaio
Quota:
Dear Members,

Stats - The stats have all been manually run and are up to date. As I mentioned previously, we have identified the problem as a conflict between our DB backups and the stats rollup job. We must take backups so this issue will persist until the migration. I will manually fix the stats whenever we have this issue and nothing will be lost.

Forums - I have received several complaints about posts in the forums. There is a lot of bickering by some members that is not productive and serves no purpose. The purpose of the Member to Member Support board (and others) is to help members that are having problems and disseminate useful information related to the Grid.org project. Please ask yourself before you post if you are contributing useful information that is helpful to other members or are you are posting something that is purposely antagonistic in order to prove a point. If your post does not contribute something useful, please refrain from posting or post to UDDer Nonsense where it may be more appreciated.

Rispondi

Utenti attualmente attivi che stanno leggendo questa discussione: 1 (0 utenti e 1 ospiti)

Strumenti discussione